A Note from Our Principal,
Happy New Year! We can’t wait to spend 2019 with you and your children. Thank you to all who participated in our holiday giving initiative last month. With your help we were able to donate 28 coats to Metrocrest Services here in Carrollton. We also have enjoyed having our school-age students with us for winter break camp. Thank you to all who were able to join us!
Please take a moment to read through the news and reminders below and let myself or anyone else on our team know if you have questions.
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. Children may not attend school until they have been symptom free for 24 hours if they display any of the following:
- Fever of 100 degrees of more—must be fever free for 24 hours with no fever-reducing medicine before returning to school
- Vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset
- Heavy nasal discharge requiring wiping every 305 minutes
- Persistent, non-productive or barking cough
- Sore throat
- Skin rash, including diaper rash
- Head lice
- Symptoms of a communicable disease
- Fussy, cranky behavior unlike child’s normal demeanor that may indicate illness
For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our team.
January 1st School Closed in observance of New Years
January 2nd School Age Field Trip Polar Plunge
January 4th National Spaghetti Day!
January 9th Static Electricity Day, look out for Science Experiments in your class
January 16th Wacky Wednesday Hat Day
January 18th Parent’s Night Out
January 21st Martin Luther King Jr Day
January 21st Yankee Candle Fundraiser Begins
January 24th National Compliment Day
January 25th Month end folders go home
January 26th Open House 10am-1pm
January 28th Fun at work day
January 30th Wacky Wednesday Pajama Day