A Note from Our Principal,
Happy New Year! We can’t wait to spend 2021 with you and your children. Thank you to all who participated in our holiday giving initiative last month. Connecting the Community is a great organization that directly supports children here in our community.
Please take a moment to read through the news and reminders below and let myself or anyone else on our team know if you have questions or concerns.
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. Children may not attend school until they have been symptom free for 24 hours if they display any of the following:
• Fever of 100 degrees of more—must be fever free for 24 hours with no fever-reducing medicine before returning to school
• Vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset
• Heavy nasal discharge requiring wiping every 305 minutes
• Persistent, non-productive or barking cough
• Sore throat
• Skin rash, including diaper rash
• Head lice
• Symptoms of a communicable disease
• Fussy, cranky behavior unlike child’s normal demeanor that may indicate illness
For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our team.
January 4th National Spaghetti Day
January 13th National Rubber Ducky Day Wear Yellow
January 15th National Hat Day
January 18th Martin Luther King Day
January 28th National Fun at work Day
January 29th Parent’s Night Out